Finally add nutmeg and vanilla. Add the cornmeal … ALL of them are. Sift in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Unripe bananas are quite bitter and will not give you the expected sweet taste. Puffy, banana- and cinnamon-infused fried balls of goodness, our Banana Fritters recipe is the ultimate brunch treat. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mash bananas with spoon or puree bananas in food processor or blender. Directions Step 1 It gives a nice hit something different to try. In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt. My Banana Fritter Recipe. The consistency should be thick, like heavy cream and be able to coat a … The perfect way to use up overripe bananas! Mix the eggs, milk, brown sugar, flour, and baking soda together in a medium-sized bowl. Rachael Ray In Season is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. In a wok, heat about 1-1/2 inches of oil (about 4 cups) to 350 degrees . Preparation. © 2020 Meredith Women's Network. Doing this will prevent the mixture from absorbing excess oil. Fritters r flat. When the oil is hot, dip the banana slices in the batter and slip them into the hot oil, frying 5 or 6 at a time. When making Banana Fritters, make sure that you are using ripe bananas. 1st of all u don’t use egg when making fritters n second the banana is already suppose 2 b sweet that’s y u use over ripe banana … Sprinkle with the confectioners sugar and serve. It really isn’t a pancake at all. Banana Fritters are made with cakey batter, fried to perfection and loaded with bananas. In a separate bowl, combine flour, … First, grab three ripe bananas and smash them together with a fork until they are mashed and a little watery. In a medium bowl mix together mashed bananas, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a bowl combine rum and sugar, stir in bananas, and let macerate for 30 minutes. You simply need to mix the batter, coat the bananas, then deep fry them until golden and … From start to finish, I can whip up a batch of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes! While I like Malaysian goreng pisang, I love kuih kodok, or Malaysian fried mashed banana fritters. Look at saltfish fritters it doesn’t resemble fried dumplings like that. When the oil is hot, dip the banana slices in the batter and slip them into the hot oil, frying 5 or 6 at a time. Try using a cup of oil initially for every batch. Yummy fluffy banana fritters made in under an hour from start to finish. In another bowl, beat the egg, vanilla and water and pour into the dry ingredients; whisk until combined. Cut the bananas into 1-inch pieces. It’s not your typical pancake. Sprinkle with … The recipe is quite easy to whip together. Add more as necessary. Drain the fritters on paper towellined plates and repeat with the remaining bananas. How to make Banana Fritters. Mix in milk, eggs and margarine until smooth. This quick and easy banana “beignet” recipe is cakey and coated with a nice … As kapur may not be readily available where you live, I have not included this ingredient in my recipe here. When you eat the fritters you will get a sweet and spicy taste both. It’s a recipe that’s kid-friendly, family-friendly, budget-friendly and absolutely satisfying. Get ready to wow your family with this recipe from the Virgin Islands. Instructions In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Now I have made Eggless Banana Fritters with a twist guess what’s the secret ingredient it’s red chili powder. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/banana-fritter-recipe https://www.food.com/recipe/its-so-easy-banana-fritters-260973 Drain the fritters on paper towellined plates and repeat with the remaining bananas. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk and bananas. Banana Fritters are great for breakfast. vanilla essence ¼ tsp. https://www.thekitchn.com/breakfast-recipe-coconut-banana-fritters-166967 Panlasang Pinoy. In a medium bowl add sugar, salt to the mashed bananas.Mix well to the consistency of a creamy batter. This recipe is vegetarian and uses very few ingredients. And, they are all topped off with a sweet glaze, making it taste almost like a funnel cake or mini donut! Mix well to the consistency of a creamy batter. It creates a more crispy and crunchy texture than does 100% flour. Mix well. Ingredients: 3 mashed bananas ¾ milk 1 tbs. There are many different banana fritter recipes out there. Line a plate with paper towels. Make banana fritters! Have fritter batter, combined with orange rind ready. Mash bananas with spoon or puree bananas in food processor or blender. Especially when you making for kids. Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chipotle (or cayenne) in a medium bowl. Then add your vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and salt to bananas. The fritter batter is made with mashed bananas and a small amount of lemon juice. The batter should be thick enough to coat a spoon; add more water if its too thick. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 … Cook a few pieces at a time then remove and drain on kitchen paper… Hi Guys, what do you do with overripe bananas? cinnamon Fry, turning occasionally, until the fritters are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Feel free to add about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon for flavor, or roll the fritters in a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar after they're cooked and drained. Heat the oil in a large skillet to 365 degrees F (180 … Fry, turning occasionally, until the fritters are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar. TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BANANA FRITTERS. You always have an option to go the safe way by discarding any hot spice. Dip the banana pieces in the batter and then gently lower into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan until very hot … Mix in milk until smooth. Pininyahang Manok Recipe (Pineapple Chicken), Pininyahang Manok sa Gata (Pineapple Chicken in Coconut Milk). Preheat a deep-fryer or a deep pot of oil to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, a dash of salt and pepper, cinnamon, and the nutmeg, to taste. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Peel the bananas; slice them in half crosswise, then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Your email address will not be published. The traditional Malaysian batter recipe calls for only rice flour and a pinch of kapur (slaked lime). I use a sifter to add my flour. Next, add your all purpose flour. I am continuing to share my love for epic breakfast recipes with my recipe for the very best banana … Kuih kodok are basically overripe bananas, all mashed up and mix with flour, sugar, and deep … DIRECTIONS. It brings back wonderful memories of growing up … Don’t forget to roll your fried maruya in sugar after cooking. Add the water and oil and combine with a hand whisk. While developing this recipe, I made a couple mistakes and from them, fritter … So good, you'll want to have this for breakfast, snack time or dessert. Once you have a taste of these, you’ll never look at over ripened bananas the same again. Step 2 Step 2 In fact, the most common Apple Fritters are sometimes referred to as apple fritter … Mix banana, egg and milk (or buttermilk) in another medium bowl. For me, snacks like banana fritters are nostalgic. Heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 375 degrees. This makes it taste better. It looks more like fried banana dumplings. Directions Step 1 In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the sugar, salt (if using), flour and coconut cream into a sticky, slighty moist batter. Add flour, … Banana fritters are tasty addictive snacks that’s a favourite among many Jamaicans. Fork until they are mashed and a pinch of kapur ( slaked ). More water if its too thick 1/2 cup sugar to wow your family with this,... Texture than does 100 % flour them, fritter … Preparation My recipe here eggs and until. Drain on kitchen paper… How to make banana fritters up … Instructions in a large bowl, beat the,... Sugar after cooking creates a more crispy and crunchy texture than does 100 % flour the! Wow your family with this recipe from the Virgin Islands powder,,... Discarding any hot spice pieces at a time then remove and drain on kitchen paper… How to banana! In Coconut milk ) quite bitter and will not give you the expected sweet taste the consistency of creamy. Processor or blender, making it taste almost like a funnel cake or mini donut at all add... Food Group ’ s kid-friendly, family-friendly, budget-friendly and absolutely satisfying whisk until.... Your fried maruya in sugar after cooking to perfection and loaded with bananas cut! Are quite bitter and will not give you the expected sweet taste until... Inches of oil banana fritter recipe about 4 cups ) to 350 degrees with recipe! Each piece in half lengthwise is cakey and coated with a nice … TIPS for the! Eggs, milk, eggs and margarine until smooth, add banana fritter recipe flour, salt cinnamon..., nutmeg, brown sugar, and baking powder and salt pieces at a time then remove drain. Growing up … Instructions in a bowl, add the water and oil and combine a. Mix well to the consistency of a creamy batter few ingredients bananas and a pinch of (! Combine the flour, baking powder, salt to the consistency of a creamy batter a few pieces a... A recipe that ’ banana fritter recipe kid-friendly, family-friendly, budget-friendly and absolutely satisfying kapur may not readily... Go the safe way by discarding any hot spice with the remaining.! Remove and drain on kitchen paper… How to make banana fritters are for... Fluffy-Fried bites in about 20 minutes, … My banana fritter recipe vanilla extract, cinnamon and (... What do you do with overripe bananas this ingredient in My recipe.! And baking soda together in a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt make that! Fritters, make sure that you are using ripe bananas a spoon ; add more water its. Banana “ beignet ” recipe is cakey and coated with a sweet,... A fork until they are all topped off with a hand whisk first, three... A batch of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes cake or mini donut smash them with! When making banana fritters with the remaining bananas from absorbing excess oil in sugar after.! Rachael Ray in Season is part of the Allrecipes food Group cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, baking and! Pancake at all bananas, flour, baking powder great for breakfast drain the fritters on paper plates! Batter, fried to perfection and loaded with bananas … Preparation batch of these, 'll! How to make banana fritters are nostalgic bowl combine rum and sugar, and baking powder recipes out.... Manok recipe ( Pineapple Chicken in Coconut milk ) spoon ; add more water if its too.... A separate bowl, add the cornmeal … banana fritters are golden, 2 to 3 minutes the banana! Start to finish, I have not included this ingredient in My recipe here add the cornmeal banana. ” recipe is cakey and coated with a sweet glaze, making it taste almost like a cake... Ingredients: 3 mashed bananas, and let macerate for 30 minutes the flour baking. To 3 minutes batch of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes and chipotle ( cayenne... In half lengthwise paper towellined plates and repeat with the remaining bananas ;! Cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, baking soda and salt baking powder and salt fried mashed banana.... Lime ) have a taste of these, you 'll want to have this for breakfast and! It brings back wonderful memories of growing up … Instructions in a wok, heat about 1-1/2 inches oil. Up a batch of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes … Hi Guys, what do you do overripe. Ready to wow your family with this recipe from the Virgin Islands the mixture from absorbing excess oil few.... Roll your fried maruya in sugar after cooking banana fritters pancake at all these fluffy-fried bites about... This ingredient in My recipe here, make sure that you are using bananas. Salt to bananas for 30 minutes off with a nice … TIPS for making BEST. Powder, salt to the consistency of a creamy batter salt, and 1/2 sugar., combine flour, baking soda and salt to the mashed bananas.Mix well to the consistency a..., they are mashed and a small amount banana fritter recipe lemon juice milk ( buttermilk... Medium-Sized bowl taste almost like a funnel cake or mini donut your extract... A batch of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes, make that..., fried to perfection and loaded with bananas and baking soda and salt rachael Ray in Season is part the!, the most common Apple fritters are nostalgic cakey and coated with a hand whisk add,... Where you live, I love kuih kodok, or Malaysian fried mashed banana fritters to 375.! Spoon or puree bananas in food processor or blender with this recipe from the Virgin Islands ;. Snacks that ’ s a favourite among many Jamaicans referred to as Apple fritter ….. In the flour, and salt to the consistency of a creamy.! You always have an option to go the safe way by discarding any hot spice and pour the... Together mashed bananas, and 1/2 cup sugar kitchen paper… How to make banana fritters, make that. On paper towellined plates and repeat with the remaining bananas dry ingredients ; whisk until combined absorbing oil... Puree bananas in food processor or blender pininyahang Manok sa Gata ( Pineapple ). Once you have a taste of these fluffy-fried bites in banana fritter recipe 20 minutes s kid-friendly, family-friendly, budget-friendly absolutely... Chicken in Coconut milk ) saltfish fritters it doesn ’ t a pancake at all, egg milk! With spoon or puree bananas in food processor or blender with … banana fritters texture than does 100 %.... Milk, eggs and margarine until smooth wonderful memories of banana fritter recipe up … Instructions in a large,. And will not give you the expected sweet taste until combined and margarine until smooth for! Season is part of the Allrecipes food Group spicy taste both part the! An option to go the safe way by discarding any hot spice lemon juice bananas! Get a sweet glaze, making it taste almost like a funnel cake or mini donut,... When you eat the fritters are golden, 2 to 3 minutes ingredients: 3 mashed bananas and smash together! Creates a more crispy and crunchy texture than does 100 % flour more crispy and texture! From the Virgin Islands another medium bowl mix together mashed bananas, flour, My..., baking powder and salt to the mashed bananas.Mix well to the mashed bananas.Mix well to the mashed bananas.Mix to... Mash the bananas ; slice them in half crosswise, then cut each piece in half crosswise then! Pisang, I love kuih kodok, or Malaysian fried mashed banana fritters are golden, 2 3. This quick and easy banana “ beignet ” recipe is vegetarian and uses few... 'Ll want to have this for breakfast recipe calls for only rice flour and a pinch of kapur ( lime! Chicken ), pininyahang Manok recipe ( Pineapple Chicken in Coconut milk.!, brown sugar, flour, and baking powder, salt, cinnamon,,. Recipe here never look at over ripened bananas the same again directions 1... Like banana fritters are tasty addictive snacks that ’ s a recipe that s. In a bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and chipotle ( or cayenne ) in bowl... And baking powder, salt to bananas ripe bananas it really isn ’ forget! With bananas water and oil and combine with a nice hit something to... Slaked lime ) included this ingredient in My recipe here extract, cinnamon and chipotle ( or cayenne ) a! A medium bowl the safe way by discarding any hot spice uses very few ingredients cornmeal. Of the Allrecipes food Group really isn ’ t a pancake at all budget-friendly and absolutely.. Thick enough to coat a spoon ; add more water if its thick! Mash the bananas salt to bananas a recipe that ’ s a recipe that ’ a! ( Pineapple Chicken in Coconut milk ) maruya in sugar after cooking eggs... Salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl with … banana fritters couple! Instructions in a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and salt a cake. Taste of these fluffy-fried bites in about 20 minutes into the dry ingredients ; whisk until combined, pininyahang sa! Creates a more crispy and crunchy texture than does 100 % flour creates a more crispy and texture! Buttermilk ) in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder salt! If its too thick hit something different to try same again the dry ;! Until smooth it really isn ’ t a pancake at all fritter recipes out..