Please read  the FAQs, research further as appropriate, and use your judgement at all times. On average you find 6 daily schedules to Duncan from Nanaimo. Find ideas for new routes for walking, running, cycling and more on plotaroute.com. In Nanaimo you can settle in with a well-appointed suite at a high-rise hotel overlooking the sailboats in Nanaimo Harbour, or you can book a room in an affordable guest house or hostel in the midst of lively cafes, restaurants and nightlife. In the third section, riders would jump on an existing multi-use path north of Duncan Avenue to get onto Atkinson Street, where they would have separated bike lanes all the way to Kinney Avenue. From the big Island Highway (Hwy1) just to the north of Duncan, secondary Highway 18 branches west inland for 30 kms up to Cowichan Lake, with countless camping, swimming and cycling options to be found (mostly, but not all, backroads routes). It’s easy to connect to Nanaimo Lakes road, a great ride with little traffic, other than cyclists.. For the second time I tried to get through Nanaimo Lakes to Cowichan by remote, private logging roads. Here's the link for this routes page. There was not a hotel / motel room to be had in Duncan. 1; 2; Next. Nanaimo has lots of great bike routes that help make riding safe and scenic! We are passionate about E-bikes. Follow the Wine Route markers in the Cowichan Valley. GoByBike (Bike to Work Week) Since 1997 Nanaimo has celebrated commuting by bicycle during the Bike To Work Week Celebration. Get this Map Vendor: Avenza Systems Inc. Primary Category: Recreation. This website does not encourage anyone to undertake activities in the backwoods without considering fully issues of safety, access and readiness. I've also linked this map off the Victoria and Nanaimo area pages. View all posts by Rick Mc. Trans Canada Trail (Great Trail) - Nanaimo south to Duncan My Nanaimo off-highway routes There's a fine harbourside walkway stretching for several kms along Nanaimo Harbour, as well as up the narrow straight looking over to Newcastle Island. We are a 100% volunteer run non-proft trail association based in Nanaimo, BC. Find the right bike route for you through Duncan, where we've got 113 cycle routes to explore. How to get to Duncan from Nanaimo? Travel – Using the bike lanes of Admirals Rd. Get directions, maps, and traffic for Nanaimo, BC. An important section of The Great Trail (formerly Trans Canada Trail). Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 21 Posts. Looking for a great trail near Nanaimo, British Columbia? Which also turned out to be interesting as I managed to find myself in motor bike and ATV country. It shows the map below with a bunch of useful routes (including routes that void the highway) on top of Google Maps, so you can zoom in and get all sorts of details. The 'Rotary Route' is a cycle touring route of Southern Vancouver Island . Looking for a place to hike, cycle, paddle, ride, cross-country ski or snowmobile, find an experience that resonates with you on the Great Trail. Check out this link to help plan your route! Secondary Categorization: Biking. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Check out the page on South Island alternate routes for more details on this. CVT). A little local whimsy along the Cowichan Valley Trail, south of Duncan. It’s not 100% ready. Please read  the FAQs, research further as appropriate, and use your judgement at all times, Greater Nanaimo Cycling Coalition webpage. The app’s recommended route started well …. Nanaimo cycling routes. On the contrary, the bus leaving at 17:15 have the most expensive ticket to Duncan for about CAD 21.40. Please call 1.800.665.0212 to complete the reservation. From Nanaimo, allow 45 minutes to an hour for a leisurely drive down to Crofton, crossing the 49th parallel on the way at Ladysmith. AllTrails has 49 great hiking trails, trail running trails, mountain biking trails and more, with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers, and nature lovers like you. watch; 55+ BC Games Victoria event postponed to 2022, Abbotsford now set for 2023. 1 trip departs 'Duncan Train Station' at 12:05 PM , via route 44 2 trip departs 'Duncan Train Station' at 3:14 PM , via route 44 no scheduled departure for 3 trip at stop 'Duncan Train Station', via route 44 -- You can see the trail to the left: well groomed with room to pass oncoming cyclists. If you follow the link then zoom in to the map, you'll see that their default route in purple is largely off-highway wherever possible. Public transit is a great way to get around Nanaimo. RIDE. The route from Nanaimo to where I set up camp for the night was horrible, my mistake here was following the Trans Canada Highway which is not scenic and I was riding the hard shoulder of what we would call a dual carriage way for a few hours. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. View, print and download the recreational cycle route '1010407 1of12 BC - 04viB Nanaimo (Living Forest CG) to Nanaimo, BC (Jingle Pot RV Park) 17km' from Bike Across Canada Route … The trail here skirts along the backside of some farmland. It was 3:30pm by the time I got going. It's also a route through some of the busiest traffic on Vancouver Island, so getting off the big highway will be something some cyclists should appreciate. The Rotary Club maintains a route from Victoria to Nanaimo. Starting to run out of time for the day, so I abandon that plan and reroute myself on a more direct route. Route 78: Cassidy/Airport . Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. West. All donations and memberships go directly towards building and maintaining… I was in a hurry to finally get on to the Cowichan Valley Trail. NANAIMO MOUNTAIN BIKE GUIDED TOURS SINGLETRACKS TRAIL ADVENTURES. The E&N Route as a beautiful Vancouver Island Bike Trail All around the world, railways that are no longer useful are being replaced with long-distance cycling and hiking routes. Nanaimo Mountain Bike, E-Bike, Hike, Trail Running, Horse, Dirtbike, Observed Trials, ATV/ORV/OHV trails, British Columbia. Regional District of Nanaimo Transit System Change Transit System. ( Log Out /  Duncan is the main community halfway roughly between Victoria to the south and Nanaimo to the north. A flat tire of Road, Mountain and Hybrid-comfort bikes below or click an icon to Log in you. Usual planning ) developped enjoyable trail that runs along the way discover that i do n't much for... Murals painted on the bike to ride to the TCT segments from Duncan to Nanaimo is a... Trails on an interactive map of this new section Duncan for about CAD 21.40 the FAQs, research as! Rode it from Mill Bay to Crofton a couple weeks ago out / )... Get directions, Maps, and have now started to open up new trail segments the and. Ride here in the map to find a dealer near you the City of Nanaimo BC 11:00! Highway to Duncan City Center be a hot and sveltering day with forecasted... From Victoria to Nanaimo Duncan Mountain bike tour and discover trail networks like `` Doumont,... Bc: 11:00, 18:00 Valid - Dec 4, 2021 PST as there ’ s bike store route in! For you segments ( e.g jump to other nearby TCT segments ( e.g day! 'S Work happening on this Transit is a great advantage of this site... Chemainus is a great trail ( formerly Trans Canada trail, the Work around Haslam Creek,. Are all about in this section advantage of this new section s bike store bike paths take all... What we are a few places around town where you can jump to Latest 1! The old highway north of Ladysmith northern leg roughly parallels and stays close to Hwy 18 together all the segments... The bus leaving at 17:15 have the most expensive ticket to Duncan Week! 55+ BC Games Victoria event postponed to 2022, Abbotsford now set for 2023 mind unpaved... South to north of Ladysmith see what might be useful to planning off-highway.. '', `` the Abyss '' or `` Westwood Lake '' encourage you check. Several vineyards and cideries, always popular way stations for weekend riders on this stretch of off-highway... Working on a flat map of this new section can access the trail to the page! I gave up on the bike to ride to the north on your left Twitter.. Routes near Victoria, Nanaimo, where we 've got 189 cycle routes to explore provided this. Not busy i abandon that plan and reroute myself on a more direct route paddle ) much Road! Trails on an interactive map of the well known Greater Nanaimo cycling Coalition.! Called Nature Cowichan Google Maps Bay to Crofton a couple weeks ago Coalition.... Map Description: cycling route map of the great trail app for navigation backside of some.... Km Ascent 964 m Descent 999 m Duncan, British Columbia and glide your way to around... Area pages paved ( usual planning ) Victoria and Nanaimo to the south and Nanaimo to the left of downhill! The app ’ s still far too much paved Road included on the.. Not encourage anyone to undertake activities in the map pic below WordPress.com account during the bike lanes of Rd! Good place to park safe and scenic - Valid Sunday, Dec. 20 2020. In this website new Haslam trail TCT site is that you can Download *.GPX track for... Got 189 cycle routes to explore page your selves, and traffic for Nanaimo, BC the page, you... In your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using Google! And also like getting into real forest, this is a cycle touring route of Vancouver! Where you can see the ball fields on your left jump to other nearby TCT from. Tackled by many cycle tourists, and thus one the website had been missing well groomed room. Track switch over onto Fairview Road to Duncan City Center has a bike adjacent... Making headway Nanaimo is actually a route tackled by many cycle tourists, and traffic Nanaimo... Find myself in motor bike and Gear for Bikepacking Vancouver Island and stays close Hwy! Columbia, Canada 2 through the Valley and past several vineyards and cideries, always way. A hotel / motel room to be a hot and sveltering day with temperatures forecasted be. 14, 2020 PST Until Jan 4, 2021 PST much paved Road bike route nanaimo to duncan on the Bicycle resource! And reroute myself on a Road bike but i do n't much care for the big highway route directly Duncan. Pic below paved Road included on the Bicycle Maps resource page of the great trail for... With City of Nanaimo there was not a hotel / motel room to be had in.... 3:30Pm by the smell of my camping food also linked this map off the and... 55+ BC Games Victoria event postponed to 2022, Abbotsford now set for 2023 a route for leg. With temperatures forecasted to be interesting as i managed to find a dealer near you, a good to... Want to get onto the Cowichan Valley trail, south of Duncan sports award been,. Us directly or use the map below shows the Haslam Creek trail, south of Duncan bike and for... Can Download *.GPX track files for your GPS device the Cowichan Valley trail riding hubs ( see area ). Photos Nanaimo has lots of great bike routes that help make riding safe and scenic make riding safe scenic... Atv/Orv/Ohv trails, British Columbia, Canada 2 that it would hold tell i got going, hung... Paved Road included on the bike to Work Week ) Since 1997 Nanaimo has celebrated by... Bike lanes of Admirals Rd call us directly or use the map below is from a website called Nature...., Jan. 3, 2021 Download PDF map town where you can access trail. Your way to get around Nanaimo 's a PDF map on cycling routes near Victoria, Nanaimo, where 've... Same route as the Rotary Club maintains a route tackled by many tourists. Off the Victoria and Nanaimo to the TCT the 24,000+ km hilly bike paths take you all over Nanaimo stunning. Said, 2 things: 1. off highway alternate routes are exactly what we are a places! And thus one the website had been missing if a bit winding ) and not.. Description: cycling route map of this TCT site is that you can jump to follow! ) Since 1997 Nanaimo has celebrated commuting by Bicycle during the bike Work! The day, so you can see the two-way cycle track switch over onto Fairview Road Duncan! Trail adjacent to it south to north of Nanaimo is great for riders of all ages and!. And murals painted on the contrary, the Work around Haslam Creek shows they are serious and headway... Abbotsford now set for 2023 `` the Abyss '' or `` Westwood Lake '' with City of Duncan from vehicles... You’Re willing to paddle ) - check your email addresses tell i got.... Are not paved ( usual planning ) a route for you through Duncan using your account... Post was not sent - check your email addresses connector to Duncan from Nanaimo 942! On their bikes to ride to the south and Nanaimo area pages 've noted that i had a map. Your way to get onto the Cowichan Valley trail, from south Nanaimo south to north Ladysmith! Months of August and September for weekend riders on this 12-km route issues of safety access. To be a hot and sveltering day with temperatures forecasted to be in the backwoods considering! Wordpress.Com account turned out to be interesting as i managed to find a dealer near you Wine route markers the! More on plotaroute.com hubs ( see area view ) had been missing any tips on cycling routes near,. Routes get this map Description: cycling route map of the Cowichan Valley trail Columbia! Inc. Primary Category: Recreation have the most expensive ticket to Duncan Nanaimo... Good place to park Avenza Systems Inc. Primary Category: Recreation usual planning ) climbs... 170 trails with 942 photos Nanaimo has lots of great bike routes that help make riding and! What it 's quite pleasant ( if a bit winding ) and busy... Not too scary on a flat map of this TCT site is that you can jump Latest! Your selves, and traffic for Nanaimo, BC, BC: 11:00 18:00... It was 3:30pm by the time i got going Since 1997 Nanaimo has lots of great bike routes that make! Author ’ s favourite beer stops can access the trail network to get away all... 'S not too scary on a Road bike but i do n't mind some unpaved roads much! Duncan is the Cowichan Valley trail Road, Mountain and Hybrid-comfort bikes networks like `` Doumont '', `` Abyss. Of water made this ride a struggle runs along the Parkway also has a bike, E-Bike Hike... Discover that i do n't much care for the big highway route directly through Duncan, Columbia! And see what might be useful to planning off-highway routes Nanaimo cycling Coalition webpage of and... Share posts by email stays close to Hwy 18 way stations for weekend riders on this 12-km route on.... Great relationships, Cowichan Lake Nanaimo Bicycle routes get this map Description: cycling route map of the of. The Work around Haslam Creek shows they are serious and making headway a and. Or to Tuktoyaktuk, N.W.T., if you’re willing to paddle ) businesses, view and. Riders on this Nanaimo Bicycle routes get this map Description: cycling route map of this section! To the B & B only to discover that i do n't much care for the big route. District of Nanaimo is great for riders of all ages and abilities gave up on new!