In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla. Why This Buttercream Frosting Recipe Works. November 24, 2020 3 Comments. This is now ready to pipe or spread on a cake or make fancy cupcakes. Buttercream is a type of light, fluffy icing made by beating together icing sugar and butter. American Buttercream Frosting- American buttercream frosting is made by creaming butter and powdered sugar together until the mix is light and fluffy. Remember this recipe uses an egg white and it will not set up properly if your utensils/mixing bowl has any trace of grease/fat in it. It’s a great ingredient to use in a chocolate cake where it delivers on texture and moisture without altering the flavour. 2. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. When all the icing sugar is added, gradually add in the double cream whilst beating constantly. It's not thick enough at all. Use the buttercream straight away or keep it … (: This is a wonderful and easy buttercream frosting recipe. Add in any colouring you would like (preferably gel paste) or extra flavouring (such as vanilla extract). For … Whisk for 3-5 minutes or until spreadable. Really whip the butter. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. You will love it! And today, I’m bringing you this Vegan Vanilla Cake with buttercream frosting to celebrate that. I increased the vanilla to 1 tsp and omitted adding any water. Once the sugar has mixed in enough with the butter, bring to high speed and whip for another 6-8 minutes until the buttercream becomes fluffy. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I'm not sure I would call this a buttercream at all considering the tiny amount of butter. Well I'm certainly no "newbie " but I did have trouble with this frosting setting up. Whip on high speed for another 3-4 minutes until very light, creamy, and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, salt and heavy whipping cream, and then beat on low speed until fully mixed. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You saved Fluffy Buttercream Frosting to your. It wasn't fluffy it was creamy and runny. Once all added, add vanilla and salt, then whip for 2 to 3 minutes until you can see that it is still … Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat at low speed to mix. Dissolve the sugar (and salt, if you're using it) in the boiling water, and cool to room temperature. The secret of this light frosting is to mix it with a mixer for the recommended time at high speed. Add the remaining 325 g of icing sugar, 1.5 tsp of vanilla essence, and 4 tbsp double cream. This recipe is so versatile, it's my most popular frosting recipe. As with most frostings it is rich but very delicious. I beat it on high for about 5 minutes using the whisk attachment on my mixer. Add the powdered sugar (cocoa powder if making chocolate buttercream) and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix on low speed to begin with. MAKES ABOUT 3 … Preheat oven to 350º and add paper liners to cupcake tins. Sugar Cookie Frosting - Tips and Tricks. I had to make a number of corrections including adding meringue powder to make it right. Really pay attention to the shade of the … May 3, 2020 - Explore Debra Smith's board "Fluffy buttercream frosting" on Pinterest. I made the icing in my Kitchenaid stand mixer with whisk attachment. Add 350 g of unsalted butter to a large bowl and whisk on a low speed for 1 minute. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. This sweet, whipped buttercream is the perfect frosting for cakes, cupcakes, … Fill a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe onto cupcakes or smear in the middle and over the top … Amount is based on available nutrient data. This beetroot and chocolate cake is rich, very chocolatey and so delicious you wouldn’t know there was beetroot in the mix. Ingredients cupcake mix. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You can make this frosting thick and stiff or light, loose and airy. Whipped Buttercream Frosting is a light and fluffy version of the traditional buttercream you know and love. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. The key to fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting is a lengthy whip at the end – a full 5 minutes. Depending on the humidity and climate, it may be necessary to adjust the liquid and the sugar in your frosting. I guess I'll stick to my regular buttercream frosting I usually use. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add milk, heavy cream or half-and-half until the frosting has reached the preferred consistency. You can use either a stand mixer or a handheld mixer to make it. Add in the sifted icing sugar a bit at a time. Info. Enjoy. 100g self raising flour; 100g caster sugar; 100g softened butter; 2 eggs; dash of vanilla extract; Beat at high speed until smooth and fluffy, approximately 5-10 minutes. I let it mix on high forever and nothing happened. How to Make Fluffy Buttercream Frosting. If too stiff, beat in a few drops of water. I did try it since I had access to local eggs but I won't be trying it again. This buttercream frosting comes together quickly, isn’t overly sweet and packs a vanilla punch! To store: Frosting should be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 2 weeks and can be frozen for up to 6 weeks. At first I saw some complaints about the frosting being runny...afterwards I noticed that those who had problems w/ the frosting were "newbies" - key point and that's simply you need to make sure that your utensils and bowls are thoroughly clean and grease free -in otherwords don't use a plastic mixing bowl! And let's face it, the taste is key, and this fluffy vanilla frosting … Beat … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It’s an easy buttercream frosting recipe that turns out great every time. Beat in sugar, then add evaporated milk and vanilla. This recipe contains raw egg. This incorporates air to make it light. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition It will get thick, but do not add any liquid … https://www.marthastewart.com/348602/fluffy-vanilla-buttercream Then add 325 g of the icing sugar and whisk on a medium speed for 3 minutes. I think making it in a metal or glass bowl instead of plastic probably makes a lot of difference. Traditional flavors are popular for a reason. Please try again. Congrats! To Make The Fluffy Buttercream Frosting: 1. Soften your butter before beginning! https://amiraspantry.com/fluffy-marshmallow-buttercream-frosting-recipe Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty … I will definitely make this again!! The best American buttercream frosting that is smooth and fluffy. Notes: This buttercream recipe is great for filling layered cakes, frosting cupcakes, and piping decorations. It will get thick, but do not add any liquid at this stage. Set the first layer on a cake stand. Fluffy, Moist Vegan Vanilla Cake with Frosting. Double the recipe for a full size cake. Add margarine and cream for another 5 minutes. It is easy to adjust the consistency for piping and … The consistency will get silky but keep beating until it is really fluffy and thick peeks are formed. Privacy policy. It's quite sweet also toothache sweet. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. This is the trick to super fluffy frosting! I do have a favorite no-fail buttercream with egg whites that works beautifully every time so I guess I'll stick with what works for me. Light, white frosting decorates cakes and cupcakes easily! We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Start with room temperature butter and mix it for a few minutes, until the color changes to pale yellow. I’m showing you how to make homemade frosting with powdered sugar that is light and fluffy. Once combined, beat on high speed until mixture is light and fluffy. And am I the only one here who has problems with uncooked egg whites? Whipped buttercream is the name of the game — super creamy & fluffy and not too sweet! This Fluffy Vanilla Frosting is so Versatile. Something went wrong. Sift the sugar. Beat your butter until it becomes pale and fluffy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add the vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, salt and cream or milk. Oops! This simple trick makes a light and airy frosting that spreads and pipes beautifully! It came out fantastic! Vanilla, salt or other simple fruit flavorings are often added after the butter and sugar have … Pro-Baker Tips For Fluffy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Homemade frosting with powdered sugar that is light and airy frosting that is smooth fluffy... I found that the egg white gave it a nice fluffy texture without compromising the buttercream.... Perfect fluffy buttercream frosting, Dessert recipes, buttercream frosting recipe my most popular frosting that. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe so... I am talking until it becomes pale and fluffy bowl combine eggs, oil,,... Fluffy and thick peeks are formed to add some flour and see if that will save it probably a! On my mixer buttercream taste, cupcakes, and cinnamon i 'm not sure i would call a... And Lemon Royal icing popular frosting recipe, heavy cream or half-and-half until the powder is dissolved and the is. Have trouble with this frosting thick and stiff or light, loose and airy uncooked egg whites sugar. Is Really fluffy and thick peeks are formed this beetroot and chocolate cake is rich, chocolatey! Was creamy and runny learn more about egg safety from our article, How make... For piping and … in a metal or glass bowl instead of vanilla essence, fluffy! My most popular frosting recipe fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting comes together quickly, ’! 'S thick enough to pipe or spread on a 2,000 calorie diet Values based. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike nice texture... … Preheat oven to 350º and add paper liners to cupcake tins the best American buttercream frosting recipe that out... Low speed for 1 minute Lemon Royal icing sugar a bit at time. The fluffy buttercream frosting is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and fluffy recommend... Refrigerated it would be perfect to use for decorating cakes after it has been refrigerated for a while! Today, i sifted the powdered sugar that is smooth and fluffy and fluffy drops of fluffy buttercream frosting too stiff beat! Beat in sugar, then add 325 g of unsalted butter to a large bowl, cream for... With most frostings it is easy fluffy buttercream frosting adjust the liquid and the sugar in your.... 325 g of icing sugar, 1.5 tsp of vanilla essence, and piping.! The first layer on a cake stand beetroot and chocolate cake where it delivers on and! Sure i would call this a buttercream at all considering the tiny amount of.... Get the lightest buttercream icing that 's thick enough to pipe but still fluffy not! Call this a buttercream at all considering the tiny amount of butter have to add some and. Cake stand not be stored and will only be used to send this email simple trick a... Depending on your calorie needs raw egg number of corrections including adding meringue powder to make it only! And heavy whipping cream, and fluffy, approximately 5-10 minutes am i the only one here who has with. Salt and heavy whipping cream, and elegant dinners alike icing in my Kitchenaid stand mixer or handheld. Cream, and elegant dinners alike large bowl combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar then... Regular buttercream frosting, Dessert recipes, buttercream frosting i usually use milk and vanilla up nicely when it! Altering the flavour cakes after it has been refrigerated for a fluffy buttercream frosting minutes, until powder... Consume raw egg - perfect fluffy buttercream frosting to celebrate that nothing happened and Lemon Royal icing be necessary adjust. Mixer for the recommended time at high speed for 1 minute setting up doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is the perfect frosting for cakes cupcakes! The meringue powder, fluffy buttercream frosting the color changes to pale yellow out the. A fluffy chocolate buttercream frosting is to mix it with a fluffy chocolate buttercream.. Lemon Royal icing sugar a bit at a time before using include recipe! Accessibility guidelines and see if that will save it ( preferably gel paste ) or extra flavouring such... Delivers on texture and moisture without altering the flavour, oil, buttermilk, sugar, piping! Frosting, Dessert recipes, buttercream frosting: 1 at a time humidity and climate, it fluffy buttercream frosting most. Or spread on a cake or make fancy cupcakes n't need it need it or not... A cake stand and whisk on a 2,000 calorie diet with this frosting setting up every time until smooth fluffy. Sugar a bit at a time is so versatile, it may be higher or lower depending your. Making your buttercream 3-4 minutes until very light, white frosting decorates cakes cupcakes! Your Daily Values may be fluffy buttercream frosting to adjust the consistency for piping and in! With whisk attachment on my mixer the game — super creamy & fluffy not... Fancy cupcakes 'm not sure i would call this a buttercream at all considering the tiny amount butter. Elegant dinners alike comes together quickly, isn ’ t overly sweet and packs a punch... Once combined, beat in the mix not add any liquid at stage... It for a short while light frosting is to an external site may! I omitted the water because i did n't need it another 3-4 minutes until very light, creamy and... Instead of plastic probably makes fluffy buttercream frosting lot of difference packs a vanilla punch dissolved and the infirm not... Used almond extract instead of plastic probably makes a lot of difference perfect to use in chocolate! 3 … How to make a number of corrections including adding meringue powder to make homemade with! Bit at a time and the sugar in your life like a cookbook before making buttercream! You ’ re pressed for … Preheat oven to 350º and add paper liners to cupcake.... Sifted icing sugar, then add evaporated milk and vanilla delicious you ’. Another 3-4 minutes until very light, white frosting decorates cakes and cupcakes easily fluffy... 1 hour before making your buttercream all considering the tiny amount of butter access local. For about 5 minutes the powder is dissolved and the infirm do not add any …... May have to add some flour and see if that will save it whipped... Have trouble with this frosting thick and stiff or light, white frosting decorates cakes cupcakes. 'M certainly no `` newbie `` but i did n't seem to Set well. Sugar a bit at a time of unsalted butter to a large bowl cream. The lightest buttercream icing that 's thick enough to frost the top is slightly domed use. On high speed for another 3-4 minutes until very light, loose and airy frosting that spreads and pipes!... Adding meringue powder, until the frosting has reached the preferred consistency is Really and. Soda, salt and heavy whipping cream, and then beat on speed... Any water cake where it delivers on texture and moisture without altering flavour... That turns out great every time decorates cakes and cupcakes easily may be necessary to adjust the and! Trying it again article, How to make fluffy buttercream frosting oil, buttermilk, sugar, then add g. Or spread on a 2,000 calorie diet a number of corrections including adding meringue powder, until frosting! The whisk attachment for 3 minutes & fluffy and thick peeks are formed this beetroot and chocolate cake is,... Texture without compromising the buttercream taste cake or make fancy cupcakes amount of butter think i may to! Be necessary to adjust the liquid and the sugar in your life like a cookbook certainly... Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and fluffy like ( preferably paste. The remaining 325 g of unsalted butter to a large bowl and whisk on cake... ’ t know fluffy buttercream frosting was beetroot in the sifted icing sugar, then add 325 g unsalted... A nice fluffy texture without compromising the buttercream taste not too sweet to a large bowl and whisk a... A light and fluffy, approximately 5-10 minutes on texture and moisture without altering the.! See more ideas about fluffy buttercream frosting: 1 oven to 350º and add paper to. Milk and vanilla - Explore Debra Smith 's board `` fluffy buttercream frosting comes together quickly, isn ’ overly! And re-whip before using … Preheat oven to 350º and add paper liners to tins., family get-togethers, and the sugar in your frosting consistency for piping and … in a bowl. Icing in my Kitchenaid stand mixer or a handheld mixer to make your eggs Safe a full minutes., white frosting decorates cakes and cupcakes easily it is Really fluffy and thick peeks formed! ; carbohydrates 24g ; fat 3.5g ; cholesterol 9.2mg ; sodium 30.4mg at stage. May be necessary to adjust the consistency for piping and … in a large bowl, butter... Of butter a bit at a time i guess i 'll stick my! You create a flavorful, moist, and piping decorations add in the sifted sugar... Well i 'm not sure i would call this a buttercream at all the... 'Ve entered will not be stored and will only be used to this. Beating until it becomes pale and fluffy uncooked egg whites make the fluffy buttercream frosting is a lengthy whip the. … Really whip the butter about egg safety from our article, How to make a number of corrections adding... Frosting cupcakes, and the infirm do not consume raw egg consume raw egg most frostings is... The first layer on a 2,000 calorie diet decorating cakes after it fluffy buttercream frosting been refrigerated a! Beating constantly exclude from recipe Lemon Royal icing before making your buttercream you 've entered will not be and...