7 Benefits of Buying a Pre-Owned Rolex vs New Your choice to actually pull the trigger in any type of purchase really comes down to what you want. However, when purchasing a pre-owned Rolex, do Rolex papers matter? As soon as a brand new watch is purchased, it immediately becomes ‘pre-owned’, losing much of its value. I guarantee for that 30 minutes you will be treated very well. If you have the spare cash to buy new, fantastic – go for it. For a buyer of a pre-owned watch, this means you pay much less than the retail pricing and can get more watch for your money. It really depends on whether the buyer is purchasing a watch, or the watch complete with the watch’s provenance. In addition to value, choosing a pre-owned timepiece can be a matter of style. Similar to art, antiques, and other historical items, any extra item that contributes to the story of the piece increases its value. This was before the “yuppy” era and the rise of designer labels. The catch is that these vintage watches have been discontinued since many years back and are getting increasingly difficult to find – in particular in a good condition. Especially when you can only purchase online, the pre-owned Rolex watch might not be up to your standards. When buying that first watch consider looking at the large UK pre-owned market. Buying Guide: The 6 Rolex Oyster Classic Models Oyster Perpetual. Rolex Two-Tone Diamond Submariner Watch, $7,900 5. Purchasing a Pre-Owned Rolex. Altieri says that a classic Rolex Submariner should ideally be serviced every five years, at a cost of about $500 a pop. However, due to the price point I am considering buying a pre-owned one. Shop Pre-Owned. I would like to spend about $10-15k on the watch and I am looking to buy a Day Date at the moment (however I am not 100% sure to the moment). There is an official Rolex retailer about 5 hours away from where I live and I am going to have a look there to try to find one I like. As Eric lays both a pre owned and a brand new two-tone Rolex Yacht-Master II next to each other in front of the camera, he spells out the factors he uses to determine whether to buy new or used. People just bought stuff because it was well made, had a nice design, etc. When you buy a pre-owned Rolex from a dealer, always make sure to ask about the warranty and their terms and conditions. Many vintage Rolex watches have proven to be great investments over time. Rolex’s most basic watch is also the direct descendant of the original Oyster watches that put Rolex on the world’s stage. Rolex watches should be only purchased from Official Rolex Retailers, who are authorized to sell and maintain Rolex watches. 116610 retails for a relatively reasonable $8,550, but like all covetable Rolex models you likely can’t walk into your local retailer and buy one. Rolex. Used or New – 3 Factors to Determine which Luxury Watch to Buy. The Ref. (They received a big dial and color update in 2020.) The first and most obvious reason why you should buy a used Rolex Submariner is because of the lower price. A benefit of buying used Rolex watches is that you can buy collectible vintage Rolex watches. I bought my Rolex in 1979. These three-hand, time-only watches are as classy as they are sporty. With the necessary skill, training, know-how and special equipment on site, they guarantee the authenticity of each and every part of your Rolex, and can ensure its reliability over time. Buying conditions. While some people are perfectly comfortable wearing a popular newer style, “Vintage timepieces, like the Rolex GMT, are a rare opportunity to buy something you won’t see on everyone else’s wrist,” advises Smith. I would be the first to concede that there is something very special about walking into a Rolex Boutique and buying a brand-new watch.