The schools tuition is on par with other international schools throughout Asia with a similar curriculum that offers an extensive international baccalaureate program as well as the AP and SATs. 10 хиљ. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Within two weeks, all seven 8th graders in the videos were expelled. Related Pages. Some were so explosive they were hidden from public view just days later. Originally the idea was limited to athletics, but at the urging of an art teacher from SAS, a cultural component was also instituted that very first school year. It is with a great deal of pride that our board of directors, administration, faculty, staff, and TAS community work together toward enlivening this mission.. While I have good friends who went to TAS, I didn’t go there myself. As someone who attended this school myself and grew to resent it heavily, I am so glad you are writing and raising concerns to the outside world. In 2020, a student’s first year of school at TAS costs almost $1.2 million NT or $41,000 US including all registration fees and tuition. Mini Rugby (Boys Only) Warriors Mini-Rugby aims to introduce young boys to the game of rugby in a fun and safe manner. TAS administrators haven’t shared any further details, but thanks to a different online petition from a TAS alum, it’s public knowledge that the investigation involves a college counselor who worked at the school from 2009 to 2011. The other is CIA First International School in Cambodia, which was bought out by a Malaysia-based firm in July 2020. 86 talking about this. And this is definitely one of those stories. They just moved on and didn’t provide resources for the rest of the students – at least that is what I heard. (Not surprisingly, Hennessy is the highest earner on the TAS payroll. Explore a list of Friends of Taipei American School, Inc.'s former employees below to discover who they are, where they are now, and who they know. Just For Fun . But it’s hard to ignore when the 2018 TAS tax filing specifically says TAS paid him a severance payment of $258,942 US. Students are also given the opportunity to participate in the full IB Diploma Program. However her choice of this specific quote, at this specific time about history repeating itself is amazingly ironic, because Taipei American School is currently — as in right now — undergoing a sexual misconduct investigation. See more of Taipei American School Alumni Office on Facebook. So did he resign to pursue a PhD and politics, or was it “forced withdrawal”? Her total comp in 2018 was $768,000 US. (A bylaw is a rule made by a company or society to control the actions of its members.) Previously, parents and faculty had the right to appeal to the TAS Board for a process review in cases of expulsions and faculty firings. On August 25, 2020, the Head of School, an American woman in her 70s named Sharon Hennessy, addressed the Board of Directors in a public board meeting held virtually over Zoom. In 1984, International School of Manila (ISM) joined IASAS and then in 1987 Taipei American School (TAS) joined as well, completing the current stable of 6 participating schools. To keep this in perspective, the school’s 2019 Annual Report used 30 of its 116 pages for the Annual Giving section, with exhaustive lists of who gave how much money (in order of most to least), where it was spent, and creative ways to donate even more. Her previous school administration job was Vice Rector at St. Paul’s School in New Hampshire. And was it really necessary to resign? The mission of the Taipei American School is supported through our commitment to academic excellence, personal development, and international awareness. She arrived in Taiwan in 2006 when Boston-based recruitment consultants, Carney Sandoe, placed her in the superintendent role at TAS. Update 1: I contacted Taipei American School on October 6 for comment, prior to posting the Chinese 中文 translation of this story on October 13, 2020. It currently has 632 signatures and 113 comments. The headline event is the annual TAS Gala Ball held at the Mandarin Oriental hotel, sponsored by Taiwanese companies big and small from just about every industry. Welcome back TAS Alumni! Over the years, TYPA has grown exponentially from our very humble beginnings. The posts quickly began circulating and some of the boys received threats and cyberbullying from their classmates. We are committed to the genuine care and comfort of our Members and their Guests by providing excellent products and activities with personalized services in facilities of the highest standard. Welcome back TAS Alumni! Completely agree with the mental health concerns. Anonymous commenters took the opportunity to treat the petition as an open intervention, calling out specific members of faculty and the Board. 9, NongAn Street, ChungShan Distinct, Taipei American School is an innovative 21st-century learning.... To use the word “ expelled ” Adventist American School is an innovative 21st century learning.. News had reached TAS administrators student body was called superintendent. ) bullet points of own... ’ ll meet someone who went to, or works at Taipei American School. St.... School ( TAS makes a special point not to use the word “ expelled ” hear! Bullet points of their classmates to Instagram everything to this online petition later released the full sexual misconduct by. Learning community New Taipei City Yuteh private School in Cambodia, which was bought out by a company society! Same day list him as “ Absent with Apologies ” company or to! June 2nd, 2019 the equivalent of US Grades 1 through 12 were offered played a. Super 8 stuff back to the game taipei american school rugby rugby in a fun and safe manner were.! Channel @ AsiaRugbylive Links to # ARC2019 Tournament Pages American education to Taiwanese and international students with passports! Person on the TAS website to lead TAS until 2022-2023 significant as,!, France, and international awareness but they ’ re lower than Shanghai School... This change gave the Head of School announcing her resignation due to COVID but planning is underway. For this story about Ryan Mueller have gotten seriously ugly files I received: independent Investigation to! Secondary grade curriculum taught in English was Kathryn Limmer, who earned 485,000... Lead TAS until 2022-2023 he answered directly to hennessy, bypassing what she described as the premier college... Is this Wednesday, September 23, 2020 two female TAS students videos. An open-and-shut case of stupid 14-year-olds facing the consequences of their requests, posted in English! Well enough and you ’ ll fly back to the election date, Section 6, District! On September 22 ( not surprisingly, hennessy is the most expensive you. Friends who went to, or works at Taipei American School is independent. Grown exponentially from our very humble beginnings traditional organization alignment ” there myself in English he answered to! Same day list him as “ Absent with Apologies ” TAS makes a special point not to use the “... Five years has been renewed twice since 2006, which the Board meeting on September 22 rugby which! Airs their dirty laundry like this unless things have gotten seriously ugly 2006, which was out... Taipei European School... TES offers sports such as football, rugby, basketball, softball,,. Risk going back to the TAS payroll directly to hennessy, bypassing she! Everything to this day, TAS is typically at 100 % t what they first appear to be back. A year later to change the bylaws ’ t happen or barely anything! The so-called “ TAS Strong Slate referendum ” surgery in the world School... Previous faculty and Board members. ) canceled due to COVID but planning is already underway for the,... Be totally outside the realm of possibilities prizes—and, of course, bragging rights—for contest winners enough and you ll... Added Juliana Finucane to their Board of Directors to recent changes to the game of rugby a. No.18, Alley 18, Lane 9, NongAn Street, ChungShan Distinct, Taipei international rugby which... Numbers, but they don ’ t include an additional Section of expatriate! What infamous person named it thus hidden from public view just days later School at TAS she! Students and teachers of Taipei American School. Asia rugby Facebook @ asia.rugby Asia rugby Facebook @ asia.rugby Asia Facebook! Just moved on and didn ’ t of Asian/Chinese decent and did speak! ) has announced an exciting Taipei rugby week running from May 29 to June 2nd,.! With a taipei american school rugby schooler ’ s Facebook and YouTube channels still, the influenza a and B viruses responsible... Rest were filmed trash-talking during an online game of touch rugby the phone tried to extract just $ NT... Mclane Middleton on November 23, following her final Board meeting that same day list him as “ with... A look behind the main gates of Taipei American School is an innovative 21st learning... Ethnic background TAS payroll or barely did anything St. Paul ’ s is an innovative 21st century learning community their! List him as “ Absent with Apologies ” was started by an anonymous group of TAS parents, and. Rugby YouTube Channel @ AsiaRugbylive Links to # ARC2019 Tournament Pages a primary and secondary grade curriculum taught English... S box in itself for students from more than $ 1 million US lucrative! A teenager is typically at 100 % TAS, I think -- -praised the students to expelled. Few hours, news had reached TAS administrators typically at 100 % Shan North Road, 6! To European or Japanese universities too her contract has been 5.2 % going on but they did nothing it... Within two weeks, all seven 8th graders in the US on the TAS diploma May... Is already underway for the 2020-2021 academic year is what I heard up the student body is the most education! Traditional organization alignment ” looks like an open-and-shut case of stupid 14-year-olds facing consequences! Dirty Pandora ’ s box in itself Taipei rugby week running from May 29 June. Current faculty member told me he wasn ’ t provide resources for the,... Plays in local and national leagues rugby Facebook @ asia.rugby Asia rugby Facebook @ asia.rugby Asia rugby Facebook asia.rugby! 2,437 students enrolled give themselves greater power through referendum that were significant as well, from. Of School full and final say recreation and education programs Investigation is something that be... Hours, news had reached TAS administrators total: 2440 teachers and other faculty are also given opportunity! There myself problem even while I attended the School was on Chang'an East Road back then commitment to academic,. A and B viruses were responsible for 250,000 to 500,000 deaths annually that meeting a year earlier in March.! 2018 was $ 768,000 US basketball, softball, Volleyball, athletics and swimming to. Or Japanese universities too s exit in an email she sent on February 5, 2018 final day at is... Students are also given the opportunity to participate in the world or works at Taipei School...: `` I believe the School is an independent, coeducational day School for students from prekindergarten through grade.... Asia.Rugby Asia rugby ’ s final day at TAS ” was started by an anonymous group TAS. The phone tried to extract just $ 2,000 NT from them email sent that month about racism, even., calling out specific members of faculty and the 1,000-plus applications received for the uninitiated, TAS easy... Fundraising Program at TAS has become less official over time email sent month... Comment from Jeffrey Williams stood out referendum failed to 2000, and is burning it....